Gmail Business accounts or G suite accounts allow a user to access the apps developed by Google to enhance its customer’s businesses. But it can cause a great deal of hassle if a user lost his/her Gmail business account’s password. As the Gmail Business accounts usually contain extremely important data, losing a Gmail Business password can be disastrous for a business. In case you are also a Gmail business account user who has lost his/her password and wondering “How do I find my password to my Gmail Business account?” then this article can help you significantly.
Fortunately, Google has provided many ways by which you can recover your forgotten password. In this post, we will discuss all of them so that you can reset your Gmail Business account password effortlessly. In addition to this, we will also brief you on How do you recover your Gmail Business password in case your account got compromised by someone.
How do I get my Gmail Business password when I forget it?
If you have forgotten your Gmail Business password or you suspect that your account got compromised. The First thing you need to do is to reset your password from the Google Admin Console.
Steps to reset a user password (through Admin Console)
- First of all, sign in to your Google Admin Console (as an administrator)
- Now go to “Users” from the Admin Console Home Page.
- Locate the user for which you want to reset the password.
- Move your cursor over the user for which you want to reset the password and click “Reset Password” button. The reset password button is also available at the top left corner of user’s account page as well.
- Generate the password automatically or enter a new password of your choice.
- Click on “Preview” to check the password you have entered (optional)
- Click on “Reset” button.
- It is recommended that you should note down “What is my Gmail Business username and password” after resetting the password. You can also paste the password in hangout chats conversations to save it.
- In case you are resetting the password for the other user then choose the option to email the password to the user and click “Done”.
Resetting Gmail Admin Console Password
One of the most common questions asked by the users is that “I forgot my password to my Gmail business account and can’t remember the password of my Gmail Admin Console”. In such cases, the users have to reset the Gmail Admin Console Password.
- Well, if you want to reset the Gmail Admin Console password then you must have the super admin privileges.
- Just follow the steps similar to that of resetting the password for a user after logging in as super admin and you will be able to recover Gmail Admin Console Password.
- You can also recover the Gmail Admin Console Password by using recovery phone number or email address.
I think my Gmail’s company account got the password change without my permission
In case you think that your password is changed without your permission then you have to reset your password followed by enhancing the security of your Gmail Business Account.
Instructions to make your Gmail Company account more secure:
- Enable Two-Step Verification
- Review Activity Reports
- Enable Password Alerts
- Review Administrative Email Alerts
- Have Account Recovery Measures on your Gmail Business Account.
After resetting the password for your Gmail Company Account
The users have to perform certain tasks after changing the Gmail Company Account password as illustrated below:
- After changing the password, the users with 2 step verification have to create a new application-specific password for any 3rd party apps connected to the account.
- 2. The users who make use of OAuth 2.0 token in order to gain access to certain products have to request a new token after resetting the password.