Tips and Tricks to Forward Yahoo Mail to Gmail with simple steps? Both Yahoo and Gmail are incredibly famous webmail service. Both of them have millions of customers all around the globe. Every individual customer has its own preference and choice. Some users prefer Yahoo mail over Gmail while others opt for Gmail over Yahoo. If you are one of those who prefer Gmail over any other webmail service and already has an account on yahoo then this tutorial is just for you.
Here, we will discuss the most convenient method to forward Yahoo Mail to Gmail. However, you should note that the Gmail ID to which you will forward your Yahoo mails should not be the alternative email id added to your Yahoo account.
Forwarding Yahoo Email to Gmail Simple Steps
The complete process to forward Yahoo Mail to Gmail is a two-step process as given below:
- Enabling Forwarding from Yahoo Mail
- Receiving Forwarded Emails in Gmail
Let’s discuss these steps in detail.
Steps to Enabling Forwarding from Yahoo
To enable forwarding from Yahoo, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, log into your yahoo account and open your Yahoo inbox.
- Unfortunately, the latest version of Yahoo doesn’t offer email forwarding. So you have to switch to the older version of yahoo. To switch toward the older version you can find the “Switch to classic Mail” button under Yahoo settings.
- After switching to the classic mail, you need to click on the settings gear icon from the top right corner.
- Now, click on “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Account” from the left-hand side of the settings window.
- Choose the yahoo mail address from which you want to forward messages to Gmail.
- Scroll down and check the “Forward” box under the “Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere”.
- Enter your Gmail address in the “Forwarding Address” and click on “Verify”.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button.
Now, your Yahoo account is all set to forward yahoo mail to Gmail. Let’s move on the next step and make Gmail ready to receive all the forwarded messages.
Receiving Forwarded Emails in Gmail
Follow the steps given below to make Gmail ready to receive all forwarded messages.
- Login to your Gmail account and click on “Settings” gear icon from the top right corner.
- Click on “Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Open “Account and Import” tab.
- Click on “Add a mail account”.
- Provide your Yahoo Email address and click on “Next”.
- Check the radio button next to the Import emails from my other account (POP3)” option and click on “Next”
- Enter your Yahoo username and password.
- Click on “Add Account” from the bottom of the window.
Note: If you receive a message stating POP is a paid server then you should make sure that “pop.mail.yahoo.com” is selected against the “POP Server”. Click on “Add Account” again after selecting “pop.mail.yahoo.com.
- Finally, close the pop-up window.
Now, the set up for both Yahoo and Gmail is completed and emails from Yahoo will automatically forward to Gmail.