It is often considered that Gmail will not create any issue while running on chrome as both are the products of Google and are fairly compatible with each other. Unfortunately, even the chrome users have to deal with many errors and issues while using Gmail occasionally. Some of the common issues are Gmail not opening in chrome, Gmail won’t open emails, and Gmail Search is not working Chrome Browser etc. In case you are also a chrome user and wondering why is my Gmail not working with chrome browser? Then you don’t need to worry. In this article, we will discuss reasons and solutions to various Gmail problems in chrome browser such as Google.com sites not working in Google Chrome etc. so that you can enjoy hassle-free Gmail services on chrome.
Why isn’t Gmail loading in Google Chrome?
As Gmail is readily compatible with Google Chrome it should load smoothly. In case it is not doing so, this is a clear indication of an error. These errors can be due to any of the following reasons
1. Slow and unstable internet connection: It is highly probable that the internet connection that you are using might not be stable which is preventing the Gmail to load properly
2. An old and outdated version of Chrome: Google keeps on updating its products from time to time. It might be possible that the version of chrome that you are using might be outdated that’s why new Gmail is not properly loading in your chrome browser.
3. Add on in chrome blocking the Gmail: Sometimes users install random add-ons to the chrome browser in order to perform various tasks online. These Add-ons can also restrict the loading of Gmail occasionally. That’s why it is always recommended to install add-ons from trusted sources only.
4. Other technical Issues: There are a large number of technical glitches that may hinder the process of loading the Gmail in chrome browser such as server issues, cookies, operating system failure etc.
Troubleshooting Instructions to fix Gmail’s failure in Chrome
Follow the instructions given below to solve Gmail’s problem in chrome
1. Make sure that you are connected to a stable internet
- Before making any changes to the settings, make sure that you have a stable and fast enough internet connection to load Gmail properly.
2. Disable the add-on and Extensions
- Disable all the third-party extension and add-ons one by one and then try to open the Gmail again.
- You may also use Gmail browser in incognito or private browsing mode.
3. Clear Cache and cookies
Follow the steps given below to clear the cache and cookies in chrome browser
- Open Chrome browser and click on three dots from the top right corner.
- Now click on more tools followed by clear browsing data.
- Now select the time range from the top or “select all” in order to delete everything.
- Check the boxes against “Cached images and files” and “Cookies and other site data”.
- Click on Clear Data.
4. Update the Chrome browser
If the issue persists then you should update your chrome browser. Follow the step mentioned below to update chrome
- Firstly, Open chrome and click three dots from the top right corner.
- Click on “Update Google Chrome” and your browser will be updated.
- In case you can’t find an option of update chrome, it indicates that you are using the latest version.
- Finally, Click on “Relaunch”.
5. Sync your Gmail: It is recommended that you should sync your Gmail account with chrome for a better browsing experience. Wondering how do I get my Gmail to sync? Well, it easy just follows the steps given below.
- Open the three dots from the top right corner of chrome and click setting.
- Click on Sign into chrome from the top and enter your Gmail email id and password.
- Choose the settings you want to sync or click “Sync Everything”.