Google Drive is a free file storage service where users can store and access files online. It is considered as one of the most versatile cloud storage services available today. The function of Google Drive is not only limited to store files online but also extends to upholding synchronization between stored files be it documents, pictures, music etc across all devices such as tablets, smartphones, PC’s and so on. It is integrated with other services provided by Google. To access Google Drive, one only needs to access the Google account. Google Drive normally works perfectly with browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Microsoft Edge. Other browsers might work with it but will only have limited features of it. Since technology is an ever-evolving field of science, sometimes it suffers from a setback Especially When it comes to our personal data, we all go bonkers. What can we do to prevent it is a whole different aspect of it, but what can do to fix it is what we’re going to learn today. We’ll know how to fix the issue of Google Drive not working on Chrome.
Methods to open a file on Google Drive in Google Chrome
Do you face trouble while opening a file on Google Drive specifically on Google Chrome? In this Article, we’ll provide you the solution to this common problem faced by us all. You might want to take a look at the below situations before digging deeper into the problem.
- The first thing to do after encountering Error 502 is to try accessing the file later on since the file is temporarily unavailable.
- If Drive opens but you can’t see your file then trying a different view likes ‘all files ‘might help to discover the file.
- If your file doesn’t open up at all then either the file is corrupted or you need to try opening it in another device like Smartphone.
- If there is a server outage in your area, in that condition you can check the status of the server at ‘G suite status Dashboard’ by clicking on the red dot right next to the product.
How to solve Google Drive is not working on Chrome?
Now that we know all the possible scenarios that might be causing trouble to you. Let’s move forward to the basic troubleshooting that you can do without paying hefty charges.
Let’s try to know what exactly to do when Google Docs is not working on Chrome –
- Check your Internet setting; make sure that your device is connected to the internet. A slow network can hamper your internet speed resulting from slow loading of files.
- Make sure that Chrome browser or any other browser, in general, is using the latest version.
- You can also try clearing the cache and cookies from chrome.
- In case the internet connection is poor, you can set up offline access to the files.
- Last but not the least, even though you can upload a large file on Google drive but if it exceeds the size limit, make sure to compress it all together.
Even after all above steps, you can’t fix the issue then it is highly recommended that you consult a technical support executive without further ado to get effective assistance.