The Gmail is working with some of the best and supported web browser like internet explorer, safari, Mozilla Firefox etc & Google is also one of the advanced supported web browsers in which Gmail is perfectly working without creating any kind of problem. The Google chrome is mostly used by millions of users worldwide for effective mailing because of its advanced features. More than a few time clients face some trouble when they are attaching the file in Google Chrome.
Some of Google Chrome features are:
- If any user inside the Google Chrome and if you press shift + escape button then you find “task manager” which let you know about all website which is currently open inside chrome.
- Through Google Chrome you can browse your history and search for a term.
Today, a number of clients face same error related Gmail account like Gmail Account File Not Found behind this problem may be a number reason but if the answer is correct then the client can easily solve to their problem other they will face to this kind problem for long-term.
Solution unable to attach file in Gmail using Google Chrome
But unfortunately might be possible Google chrome is not working so that you are not able to manage your Gmail account and this problem prevents you to send and receive the message, How do you attach a file in Gmail and all. If you find this type of particular problem then get a reliable solution here by following the post below.
- If your chrome is not working properly then try to uninstalling and reinstalling the chrome.
- For windows, open the control panel and select program and features or uninstall a program then choose the Google Chrome from the list and hit the uninstall button.
- After that, you have to open your chrome website and enter this code google.com/chrome/browser/. After that click on download chrome button.
- Once downloading is complete click on installation file which is located at the bottom of your browser.
- Then again sign in your chrome and now may be your problem will solve.
- Sometimes the problem is related with an internet connection, the quickest way to check this problem is, open some websites in other web browsers like Safari, Mozilla etc if it works well then surely the problem is related to internet issue, so try to contact your internet service provider and ask them to solve your issue.
- If you installed an extension in your system then this problem has occurred, so immediately disable these extensions and add-on.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache:
- First, you have to click on menu button and select setting option & after that click on “show advanced setting” & click on content setting
- Here you have to click on “All cookies and site data” option and finally click on “remove all” option.