Email accounts are mostly used to access different kinds of many sites that store personal information, such as personal addresses, phone numbers & credit card information. Most Important thing which you should do if your Gmail email account is hacked is check to see if you can still Sign into it because how many hackers neglect to change the original password right away. If you can log in, immediately change your password and check that your secondary email/secret question/mobile phone number has not been changed.
Checking Your Gmail Account Settings
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Passwords are case-sensitive. Typing “password” isn’t the same as typing “PASSWORD”.
- Click your avatar.It’s located in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Click “My Account”. Click on “Sign-in & security”.
- Click at “Device activity & notifications” which is located in the sidebar on the left.
- Click “Review events” under “Recent security events”.Here, you’ll be able to see any sign-in activity in the past 28 days. Go back.
- Click “Review devices” under “Recently used devices”. Secure your account.If you see any strange sign-in activity or devices you don’t recognize, click “Secure your account” at the top of the page.
If you are unable to Sign into your Gmail account then you just need to go
and reset your Gmail password, either through the secondary email address, mobile phone number, or your secret question.
Changing Your Gmail Account Password
- Sign into your Gmail account.
- Click on your avatar.It’s in the upper right hand corner of your browser.
- Click at “My Account” option then Click “Sign-in and security”.
- Now you just need to Scroll down to “Password & sign-in method”.
- Click on “Password”. Enter your current password then enter your new password.
- Click “Change password”.
- You will be signed out of all devices that currently has access to your email.
Gmail Users should know some easy tips and tricks to secure your Gmail account; because your Gmail account is deleted you may face some of problems like:
- You won’t be able to access your gmail account in any case.
- You will not be able to access Third party services available freely such as Google Services (Google Hangout, maps, Adsense, Analytics etc).
- You must download your data,”Think Before Click” because account is disables you will lose your data permanently.
- You won’t be able to use same username again.