If you find Gmail and Outlook convenient to send/receive emails then you are not alone! Most people go for Gmail and Outlook when it comes to the simple interface which comes with loaded features. Yahoo email users often face difficulties in reading/sending emails but thanks to the new feature of Gmail and Outlook, you can now easily read and send yahoo emails in Gmail and Outlook by making small changes in the settings. Here in this post, we’ll show you the way with which you can read and send Yahoo emails in Gmail and Outlook without external help.
How to read and send Yahoo emails in Gmail and Outlook
To begin the process, you will have to make some changes in the settings. There are two ways through which you can read send Yahoo emails in Gmail and Outlook i.e. through POP3 and IMAP. If you want full control of your emails then, you should choose IMAP settings. In case you only wish to view the emails then you can go for the POP3 settings. Earlier you would need to set up POP3 and IMAP manually, but now Gmail and Outlook do that work for you. Here are the steps through which you can connect the Yahoo mail to different email service i.e. Gmail and Outlook-
How to connect Yahoo mail with Gmail
With the help of the new Gmailify feature of Gmail, users can now get the full IMAP control along with some added benefits like spam filter. Here’s what you need to do to connect your Yahoo mail account to the Gmail one-
- Click on the gear icon at the top-right corner of Gmail and select settings.
- Now click on the “Add a mail account”.
- Enter your Yahoo mail ID when prompted by Gmail.
- Click on the “enter” button to proceed further.
- Make sure that you have selected the “Link accounts with Gmailify” option.
- Hit the enter key on the keyboard.
- You will now receive a message from Yahoo mail asking you to give permission to access your Gmail account.
- Give permission by clicking the “Agree” button.
- You will get the message that “You’ve been Gmailified” on your computer screen which shows that your Yahoo mail account is linked with the Gmail account successfully. You can now read and send Yahoo emails in Gmail without any worries.
How to connect Yahoo mail with Outlook
The process to connect your Yahoo mail with Gmail is described below-
- Open Outlook mail and click on the gear icon to select the connected accounts.
- Click on “Other email accounts” option.
- Enter your Yahoo mail ID and password when prompted.
- Choose the settings you want i.e. IMAP or POP3. By default, Outlook will take IMAP as the protocol to link your Yahoo mail account with it.
- However, you can also choose POP3 but you’ll have to select “Manually configure account” settings to set up the POP3 protocol.
- When the setup is done, you’ll receive a notification “Your account is now connected.” It might take some time for the changes to reflect in your Outlook mailbox. Now you can read and send Yahoo emails in Outlook also.