Whenever you want to install a heavy program in your system, McAfee Antivirus may show an alert message and also stop software installation on the system. The reason is, first it scans the program and then shows an error message if found. In case, you still want to install that software, then you need to temporarily disable McAfee Antivirus protection in your system. It is necessary to know that if you want to disable McAfee protection, it will leave your system invulnerable.
How to temporarily disable McAfee Antivirus?
For temporarily disabling McAfee Antivirus on your system, you can follow these below instructions. Before disabling antivirus, you should be sure that your system is not connected with internet service because most of the web threats enter into the system from the internet.
- Click on Start or windows button available in the bottom- left corner of the display.
- Type McAfee in start menu search bar.
- Open McAfee antivirus desktop app by clicking on it.
- Visit the PC Security section.
- Click on the Real-time scanning.
- Turn-off it by clicking on it.
- Now you have to select the time for which you want to disable it.
- After time setting, turn-off it.
- Open the firewall protection and turn-off it also.
- Turn-off automatic updates of the McAfee antivirus from scheduled scan tab.
- Close the McAfee Antivirus app by clicking cross button available in the corner of the application.
After applying all instructions on the McAfee antivirus, your antivirus protection temporarily disable. You can install any application or programs easily, after that you can again enable the protection.
For any customer support related to McAfee antivirus, you can also visit the McAfee Antivirus Support Service. They will provide all relevant information.