We are generally using some different email accounts for sending information to the colleagues and friends. Now days, people generally send Videos, audios, photos and other files which have a large size. Online chatting is also a new craze for the modern youth. So, email with more than maximum size limit creates problems.
Why the size of mail increases?
Nowadays, High Definition cameras, iPhone, laptops are available in the market. They take large memory to capture image and videos. If you are using the simple smartphone and try to make a video about to 20 seconds. It will take minimum 80-90 MB storage memory. So, if you want to share it, with your friends and family members. It will create some problems.
The size limit of different email services-
Different email services provide different size limit of sending emails. We are showing a list of some Email service providers-
Email provider Maximum Email size limit
MSN, Outlook and Hotmail 20MB
Yahoo mail 25MB
ZOHO mail 12MB
In this table, you are looking maximum size limit provided by the Gmail and Yahoo. But it is not much more for sending images and videos.
Problems to send the large file-
When you will send a file of size more than 20 MB in MSN. Your mail service account shows an alert message that is “The file you are attaching is bigger than the server allows. Try putting the file in a shared location and sending a link instead.”
But, if you want to send a mail or file more than the server size limit. You have to follow some steps which will help to send the large size file.
How to send a file more than limit size?
Method1. By using cloud service-
Cloud service is an efficient way to save your documents, and file in the cloud. You can use a cloud service such as (One drive) and can upload all the files and documents on a cloud by using account details, first you have to create an account. Now you can log in to the account then you can use it. When you want to send the file of size more than 20MB then you can share the link to the file. It is the easiest method to solve the issue.
Method2. To increase the size limit of your account-
Now we are providing another solution to solve your problems. We can some change in the directory tree of the system to increase the size limit.
It is also a simple method but not easy at first.
- First, you have to open the outlook app in your system.
Follow the steps-
Step1. Press the keyboard button window + R.
Then a window will open same as given below.
- Now type regedit in the given text box same as shown in the picture.
- Then press the OK button.
Step2. After pressing the OK button you get a Registry Editor.
- Press YES button when you enter into the Registry Editor.
- Now you have to follow some path to change the settings.
- This is the picture of the Registry Editor.
- Now you have to follow any one path given below.
Note: – You are creating a manual path in the Registry Editor if it does not currently exist. Then you have to create.
Step3- If you enter the system Registry Editor.
- Find the document file with name: – Maximum Attachment Size.
- If you get the file then fill the limit of the file size.
- If you can’t get the file then you have to create a new file.
- Open Registry Editor -> Edit -> New -> DWORD (32-bit) value from the menu.
- Enter “MaximumAttachmentSize”.
- Press the Enter Button.
- Now double-click the MaximumAttachmentSize value.
- Now enter the desired data limit into the value data.
- Click OK button.