MS Outlook is one of the world’s most used email applications that come with amazing organizational features like task manager, calendar, note-taking, journal, web browsing to name a few. While it works great in a normal capacity, but the actual problem starts when you want to use email services but can’t use it as you’ve forgotten your MS outlook password. Password issues with outlook might also arise when you have not been using the application for a long time.
There is also a possibility where you might have been observing suspicious activities in your outlook account or your Microsoft outlook account has been compromised. To get rid of all these issues, you need to know how to reset the outlook password. Fixing the password related issue is not that tough as it might appear to you. Let’s figure out how to perform Microsoft Outlook password recovery.
How to recover/reset outlook password
If you’re frustrated with the password issue in outlook email then all you need to do is follow the instruction given below to recover Microsoft outlook password-
- Go to the Microsoft password recover page.
- Now you’ll be asked to provide your email address, phone number or Skype name.
- Enter the characters displayed on the webpage and click on the “next” button to proceed further.
- If your security information is available on your account, then you’ll receive a one-time code in your phone number /alternate number or email id. Entering the code received from Microsoft will enable you to recover your password.
- You can also change your password after recovering it.
The steps to change the outlook password are provided below. Before making changes in the password, make sure that you’re logged in to the Microsoft Outlook.
How to change Microsoft outlook password
There are many ways to change the password of MS outlook application but for you’re convenience we’ll tell you the most effective ways to change outlook password. Simply follow the directions given below carefully-
Outlook Data File Method to Change Password
- Open MS Outlook and click on the “tools” from the top menu.
- Select the “account settings” from the drop-down list.
- Now the account setting window will get opened.
- Select the “data files” from the menu and open the folder that contains the data file.
- Click on the “settings” of the selected data file.
- A new window will pop open containing the information of the data file.
- You need to click on the “change password” button. (Not available to the exchange account users)
- Type your “old password”, and “new password” in the fields provided in the window.
- Verify the new password that you’ve just entered.
- Logout and login again using the new password.
Outlook password recovery through Outlook.com
- Go to the Microsoft account page.
- Click on the “cannot sign-in” tab at the bottom of the login page.
- Select the reason from the list and click on “next” button.
- Now enter your “email id or phone number”.
- Select a verification method i.e. if you want to receive the one-time code to the mobile number or choose the other option.
- Enter the code in the field and click on the “next” button to move further.
- Now type your “new password” and reenter it again for verification.
- Now login using this “new password” that you’ve just reset.