Google mail or Gmail is undoubtedly the most widely used email service of the world with around 1.2 billion active users worldwide. Emails being one of the most popular ways of communication these days it is very important that an email service should be flawless and secure. The Gmail user interface is considered fairly simple than the other webmail systems but still, users sometimes find it difficult to sign in to their respective account. In this article, we will discuss the error faced by Gmail users while signing in and steps by which these errors can be easily resolved.
Causes of Gmail sign in error
There are various possible reasons behind Gmail sign in error. Some of the most common reasons are as follows:
- User forgets the email address or the password.
- 2- Step verification cannot be processed properly.
- Trouble in resetting the password with a code by text.
- Gmail account recovery issues.
Tips to resolve this type of error
- Google provides a pretty simple email and password recovery system. If you have already provided Google your recovery email or phone number all you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on “I don’t know my password” from the Gmail homepage.
- Enter your email address and click “continue”.
- If your phone number is linked to your account then you will receive your verification code in a text message.
- You can also recover your account using security question in “Verify your “identity”
- If you forget your email address and haven’t established any recovery options like the phone number or security questions. You can still find your email address using your web browser history. Search history of your web browser for Gmail or inbox to see if it contains your email address. Generally, your username is before the character “@” in your full email address.
- If you have lost access to your recovery email or phone number it is still possible to get successful account recovery by manually verifying your identity.
- Visit Google Account recovery page.
- Feed your Email address and click continue.
- For password option click “I don’t know”
- Look for “Verify your identity” option below all other available option.
- Try to answer every question to the best of your knowledge, if the answers entered by you find accurate by Google you will get your password recovered.
Hope the above-mentioned tips will help you in successful email or password recovery. Still, if you are having any trouble while signing in to Gmail, then we can contact Gmail grievance cell at [email protected]