The creation date and time is an important thing to remember as it can help the user while recovering his/ her Gmail account. Therefore, it is recommended that one should note the date and year of creation of Gmail account and keep it in a safe place. But, there is a possibility that you haven’t done so and now you cannot find the creation date of your Google account. If you are facing this problem and just cannot remember the creation date of your Gmail account, not to worry. Here are certain easy tricks following which you can easily find your Gmail Account Creation Date.
How to Find Out the Date on Which Gmail Account Was Created?
There are two very simple ways by which you can find your Gmail account creation date:
1. From Gmail’s welcome mail
When you create your Gmail id, Google sends you a ‘Welcome to Gmail’ mail. This mail will reside at the bottom (last) page of your Gmail inbox. The welcome email date will be the creation date of your account.
2. From POP/ IMAP setting
The other way in which you can find when did you create your Google account is through the POP/ IMAP setting?
- Sign in with your Gmail account.
- Click the gear-shaped button present on the top-right corner of your Gmail.
- In the drop-down menu, select ‘settings’.
- In the settings page that appears, go to Forwarding and POP/ IMAP option.
- In the POP Download section, you can find the status ‘POP is enabled for all mail that has arrived since mm/dd/yy’.
This mm/dd/yy is the creation date for your Gmail account.
Once you get your Gmail account creation date through either of the following methods, keep it safe.
How to Find Gmail Account Creation Date in Android Phone?
You can find Gmail creation date in an android phone by searching the welcome mail or by going into the POP/ IMAP settings. To go to the POP/ IMAP settings on your android phone you need to follow these steps:
- Open your Gmail account in your web browser installed on your android phone.
- On the top-left corner, you will find a button with the drop-down option. Click that button.
- On the end of the page, you will find ‘View Gmail in’. Click on ‘Desktop’.
- This will open a mini desktop version of your Gmail on your phone.
- On the top of the page, you will find ‘Settings’ option.
- In the settings, go to Forwarding and POP/ IMAP>.
- Here, in ‘POP Download’, you can see the status ‘POP is enabled for all mail that has arrived since mm/dd/yy’. This mm/dd/yy is the date of your Gmail account creation.
Keep in mind that it is important to log into the Gmail account in order to find out the creation date. There is no other way to do it without logging into the account.