It is often recommended that the users should keep changing their Gmail passwords regularly in order to keep their account safe. But what if you change or reset your password and forget it afterward? Fortunately, Google provides you some very easy ways to recover a forgotten Gmail password. In case you are facing a similar problem and you can’t recover Gmail password then keep reading this article. As here in this post, we will discuss how to recover your Gmail Login Password in case you forget it.
I’ve lost my Gmail password: Now what?
Google provides several ways by which you can recover your lost password. However, it is easier to recover your Gmail Login password in case you have added a recovery phone number or an email to your Gmail account.
How to Reveal Forgotten Gmail Password using recovery phone number or email?
Well, it is simple to recover your password in case if have a phone number or email added to your account.
- First of all, visit the official Gmail homepage and click “sign in”.
- Enter the Gmail id for which you want to recover the password.
- Now, enter the last known password or click “Try another way” if don’t remember your last password.
- Choose the method i.e. “Call” or “Text” by which you want to receive the verification code.
- Enter the verification code that you would have received via Call/SMS or Email.
- Finally, create a new password for yourself.
How to reset my Gmail password when I don’t remember my recovery phone number or Email?
In case you don’t remember/have access to the recovery phone number and wondering How to sign in back to my Gmail account if I forgot my password. Then you can get back your Gmail account by answering security questions.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the Gmail login page and enter the Gmail id for which you want to reset the password.
- Keep clicking on “Try another way” when you will be asked about your Gmail recovery phone number or email.
- Now, Google will try and verify your identity by asking you some questions about your Gmail account.
- The question can be related to your Gmail account creation date, frequent location etc.
- Answer as many questions as possible to the best of your knowledge.
- Now, Google will investigate your case and give you the access to create a new in 3 to 5 days if the answers given by you are correct.
Gmail Forgot Password, Can’t Verify That It’s Me
Google is very strict as far as security of its users is concerned. You have to verify your identity somehow then only you can recover your account back. However, it is advisable that you should keep answering the questions that Google ask to verify your identity as there are a large number of possible questions that Google may ask.