Gmail from Google is one of the best email apps that lets you send and receive emails instantly. But has it ever happened to you that your Gmail is not sending or receiving emails on Computer or you can send but not receive mail or Gmail not receiving emails from specific sender. Sometime users get troubles like as my gmail isn’t receiving emails or my gmail isn’t sending emails, Email Suddenly Not Arriving in Gmail, Cant receive emails on gmail account, Cant send emails on gmail account etc. Well, this is rather a common problem and you can solve them with much ease by yourself.
Problems and solutions to Gmail not sending or receiving message
- There can be various reasons behind this problem. However, most of cases of Gmail not receiving emails or Gmail not sending emails arise due to storage issue. Search for the large and un-important messages in you Gmail and delete them. Check your trash carefully and if no important message is there, try clearing it too.
- Sometimes, sending gets failed in Gmail because you reach the limit of sending messages/ mails. In order to keep control on spam, Google limits the number of email you can send. So, when you get Gmail message “sending failed”, it might happen because you have already sent 500 messages on that particular day, which is the sending limit. After you get this error, you will have to wait at least 1 to 24 hours before you become able to send mail again. Also, you cannot send an email to more than 500 recipients at a time.
- In the same manner, when you are unable to receive emails in Gmail, it can be so because you have reached your receiving limit. When someone tries to send email to a person who has reached his/ her limit, again it shows error.
- Another reason that you can’t send emails on Gmail account is that your recipients include a Google+ connection. Remove such recipient from the message to avoid this problem.
- Sometimes, your email is not sent because it bounces from the recipient’s email server. When this happens, you need to wait for 24 hours before you can send mails again to that particular recipient.
- In case you feel like Gmail is not receiving emails from one person, make sure that the sender has your correct Gmail address. The sender must also check the recipients’ mail address before sending the message.
- If it ever happens that email is suddenly not arriving in Gmail, check your Spam or Trash. In case you have set up any filters, try removing it.
Gmail not sending or receiving messages in Android
If you can’t receive emails on Gmail account or are unable to send emails in Gmail android, you need to fix sync errors with the Gmail Android app.
- Open the app.
- Tap Menu>Settings
- Tap you account.
- Check the box next to “Sync Gmail”.
Gmail not sending or receiving messages in iPhone
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Go to Setting and click on “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”.
- Turn on IMAP.
- Close all the apps you use to sign in with Gmail and then signing-in again.
For removing the mail sending or receiving errors for your phone, you can also try updating your Gmail app. Or, you can remove and setup the Gmail once again in your phone. If this also does not help, restart your device and make sure that it has internet connectivity.