Has it ever occurred to you that your Gmail is not working properly, or your Gmail inbox is not opening on your laptop any other device or your Gmail stopped working completely? There can be many reasons because of which you might be facing these problems. So, whether you are using a laptop, computer, Android or iPhone, you can solve the ‘Gmail not working’ problem by following the steps given in this article.
1. Use supported browsers: If your Gmail is not opening in chrome or any other browser, make sure that you are using the supported browser. Try upgrading to the latest version of the browser you are using.
2. Check your browser extensions or applications: Sometimes, some extensions or add-ons installed on your browser or certain applications installed on your device are the reasons why your Gmail won’t open. Turn off these extensions and applications temporarily to see if this solves the problem.
3. Use private browsing mode: To resolve the Gmail app not working error, you can also try to open your Gmail using incognito mode of your browser or private browsing mode.
4. Clear browser’s cache & cookies: If your Gmail is stuck on loading, you can try clearing cache & cookies saved by your browser.
5. Fix sync errors with the Gmail Android app: When your Gmail is not working on Android, you can fix sync errors to solve this. Follow these steps to enable syncing:
- Open the Gmail app.
- Tap Menu>Settings
- Tap your account.
- Check the box next to ‘Sync Gmail’.
6. Check your Gmail labs: Try to open Gmail by visiting https://mail.google.com/?labs=0. Now, disable labs one at a time to figure out which one is creating the loading issue.
- Open Gmail and click on the gear-shaped icon at the top-right corner of the page.
- From the drop-down menu select ‘settings’.
- Click on ‘Labs’ that appears on the top of the page.
- Mark the labs as disables that are enabled previously.
- Click on ‘Save changes’ at the bottom of the page.
7. Sometimes, it may happen that despite following all the steps, Gmail won’t load on iPhone. To fix Gmail not working on iPhone issue, you can do the following:
- Go to your Gmail account via any web browser.
- Go to the bottom right-hand side of the page.
- Tap on ‘Details’ and then click on the button ‘Sign out all other web sessions’.
8. Apart from these, there are few very common methods that you can try to solve the Gmail loading problem.
- If no method is working on your iPhone or Android phone, remove your Gmail account and reload it.
- Sometimes, loading issue arises when IMAP is disabled on your device. Open the Desktop version of Gmail on any device. Turn IMAP on from Settings>Forwarding and POP/IMAP>IMAP Access>Enable IMAP.
- Make sure that your Internet is working properly.