CCleaner not working 2020 Pro Stopped working, Stopped responding, Stopped Updating, Scanning On windows 10, 7, XP: A slow and sluggish computer can be very annoying especially when you are multitasking in your PC. CCleaner is an awesome tool that can boost up your PC’s speed and overall performance by clearing the junk files. But what if the Ccleaner tool itself starts to show errors or stopped working suddenly? In such cases, you should fix the CCleaner immediately and keep your computer to its peak performance. CCleaner not working is a common problem nearly all the CCleaner users have to face this issue at least once.
In this tutorial, you will find the possible reasons why you might be facing this problem and steps to fix this issue effortlessly.
CCleaner Pro not Working 2020 Related issue with Solutions
- ccleaner not working windows 7
- ccleaner Pro has stopped working windows 10
- ccleaner not responding
- ccleaner Pro Updating Not working
Why CCleaner Pro Stopped Working in your PC?
It is important to identify the main reason behind the CCleaner not working issue. At the same time, it is very difficult to do so because being a technical application there are many possible factors that can cause CCleaner to stop working. Let’s go through some of the common reasons for the CCleaner Stopped working problem.
- Incomplete or corrupt installation of CCleaner
- Installing the CCleaner version that is not compatible with your operating system.
- Missing windows update.
- Problem with windows registry files
- A virus or malware causing CCleaner to malfunction.
Please note that these are only a few reasons why might be facing the CCleaner not working problem. There are many more possible factors that can lead to this kind of issues.
How to Fix CCleaner not working 2020 issues?
Whatever issues you are facing after running the CCleaner, be it CCleaner not responding, CCleaner not working or Ccleaner not scanning, you can fix all of them by restoring the registry back to the way it was. Here’s how you can do it.
- Firstly, you need to open the folder containing the Registry Backup file. (File with a .REG extension).
Note: By default, CCleaner saves these backup files in “My Documents” folder of your computer system.
- Restore the registry backup by double clicking it.
- Now, you will see a message confirming the Registry restoration.
- Click on “yes” button to confirm the restoration of registry backup.
- Now, your CCleaner should work fine.
Restoring the registry backup can fail especially if you are using Windows XP. In such cases you should follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, you should download the 3rd party REG file association fix available online.
- Unzip the zipped on your desktop.
- Click on start button from the desktop and then click on “Run”.
- Type “regedit” in the run dialog box and click “Ok”. This will open the registry editor.
- Now in the registry editor, you need to click on “File” and then select “Import” from the drop-down menu.
- Browse to the unzipped file on your desktop in the import registry file dialog box.
- Click on the file and select open.
- Now keep following the instruction that will appear on your screen.
Note: You should run 3rd party app only if all the measure to fix the issues fail.
- You should implement the above mentioned steps to fix the Ccleaner not working issue only after making sure that you are using a compatible version of CCleaner.
- Also make sure that all the latest windows and CCleaner updates are installed in your PC
- In case the problem continues, then you should scan your PC using a good antivirus.