As we know that Google’s most popular web-based email service is Gmail which comes along with numerous of incredible features. Many corporate users facilitate Microsoft outlook for convenient mailing. But if those users who using outlook and Gmail so they didn’t have to bear any issue regarding emails. You can easily setup your outlook account with Gmail. This is not a big deal you can easily set up by the help of IMAP & POP3. Here I am sharing some simple steps which help you to manage the outlook with Gmail.
How to Set your Gmail account by using IMAP?
It is very simple procedure if you follow these guidelines like
- First of all log in Gmail account by entering your email id and password and click submit button.
- Now Tap the icon with gear and choose a setting option.
- After that click “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”.
- Here you will see the option “Enable IMAP” just click on it.
How do I Sync. Outlook with Gmail?
- For adding Gmail account just close your browser and open outlook, click File tab. As shown below:
- Once you click, account information screen shown here and below this, you will find the option of Add account, click on it.
- In this Add account option, choose the Email account which automatically sets up to your Gmail account in outlook. Here you have to enter your name, email address, and password.
- Then the progress of setup display. The automatic process maybe works or not. But if it does not work, then select manual setup or additional server types rather than email account, and click next.
- After that, you will “Choose service” screen, here you have to select POP/IMAP.
- After clicking on POP/IMAP enter user, server, and log on information. & for server information, choose IMAP from the account type to drop down list & enter the following information.
- Incoming mail server: imap.googlemail.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.googlemail.com
- Now enter your full email address & select the remember password because if you want outlook which automatically logs you in when checking the email. After that click on more setting which is mention below.
- Once you click more setting option then a new screen will appear, called Internet email setting. Here you will see three option i.e. General, Outgoing server & Advanced. Among all the three choose the middle one i.e. outgoing server.
- Then select my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and then choose to use the same setting as my incoming mail server.
- Now click on Advanced Tab & enter the following details.
- Incoming server: 993
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server encrypted connection TLS
- Outgoing server: 587
- Now click ok and close the email setting option & click next.
- Now you will see the outlook tests the account setting by logging into the incoming mail server. & once the test finished then click close.
- Once these processes completed, the Gmail address will display in the account list
Now you will know methods to merge one Gmail account with Outlook. It is straightforward instruction how do I link outlook to my Gmail account?