Do you want to block the unnecessary and unwanted email from sender or spammers in Yahoo mail? Then you’ve come to the right place on the Internet. This post is dedicated to the Yahoo mail users who are annoyed by the unwanted emails and want to get rid of it for good. Unwanted emails/spam mails can disturb the peace of mind of the user. Thankfully, Yahoo mail gives the solution to end this menace. Yahoo mail provides a way to handle such matter. As a matter of fact, users can block as many as 500 emails from their Yahoo mail account.
Blocking the incoming emails from an unknown sender or from a specific sender is not that tough as it might appear. The first thing you need to make sure in order to block unwanted email from senders in Yahoo mail is that you’re using computer/laptop to do so since Yahoo mail does not allow to change certain settings if you’re using it on mobile phone. While doing so, you also need to ensure that you’re device is connected to the Internet and having stable internet speed.
Steps on how to block the incoming emails from senders in Yahoo mail
Internet can be a bizarre place when it comes to the spam emails. If you’re also affected by the spam email problem then, you can follow the step by step instruction given below to block unwanted email from senders in Yahoo mail –
- Go to the Yahoo mail i.e. https://mail.yahoo.com/ and login into your account using your “email id” and “password”.
- On the top-right corner in the inbox, click on the “settings” tab to make the drop-down list appear.
- Now click on “more settings” option at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “security and privacy” tab on the left side of the page.
- Look for the “+add” icon at the right side of the “blocked address” list.
- You’ll now be asked to enter the email address of the sender you want to block.
- Click on the “save” button to save the changes. Whatever messages the blocked sender will send afterward will go straight to the spam folder.
How to block specific email from a specific sender in Yahoo mail
To stop receiving the messages/emails from a specific sender, here’s what you need to do-
- Sign-in into your Yahoo mail account.
- Click the gear icon at the top-right corner of the page.
- Select the “settings” option.
- Now click on the “blocked addresses” section and write the email id of the sender whose emails wish to block.
- Save the settings by clicking the “save” button.