How to configure Gmail SMTP settings?
Gmail is acclaimed as one of the best webmail platform, which having ‘A’ grade security features and ‘Vibrant’ mailing features. A notable integrated feature of Gmail is its free server protocols like SMTP, POP3 and IMAP. Through these server protocols, a user can configure their webmail with the third party email client applications like Microsoft outlook, Thunderbird, etc. The Gmail SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com. Here, we are explaining you the process of configuring SMTP protocol. Sometimes users don’t know process to configure SMTP. In this article user can easily learn the complete procedure to configuring the Gmail SMTP protocol.
The process for configuring the Gmail SMTP settings
1. Open The Gmail account and click the settings icon, which shown at the right top side of the account.
2. Now Click ‘Accounts and Import’ tab and see the option ‘Add another email address you own’
3. Over there in the new tab, add the details like- Your name and your email address (the email address that you wish to send from). Now, you have to make sure that you have to authorized your email address on your AuthSMTP account and for that untick the option ‘Treat as alias’ and then click ‘Next Step.’
4. Now, on the next page, you can see SMTP server blank tab and there you enter 'mail.authsmtp.com'. Next to that, you can see ‘Port’ and enter ‘587’
5. Enter your AuthSMTP username and password.
6. Then Tick 'Secured connection using TLS' and Click 'Add Account'
7. Now you have to verify the email address. Check the inbox of your Gmail and there you can see the verification email address there. (Check your spam folder too for the verification email)
8. Enter the code and click ‘Verify’ to complete the process.
9. Now, you can see the new sender account under the ‘Send mail’ section.
If unable learn above described procedure then get help of online Gmail Support to where all features are described in well manners or contact the Gmail helpline.